Friday, November 06, 2009

FIVE COUNTRIES IN FIVE WEEKS!

The learning journey continues...

To say that I am exhausted is something of an understatement.

One of the reasons for not posting since September is that I have been on the road for weeks - the result? A wonderful range of travelling experiences from Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, Germany and Belgium.

One of the things I enjoy the most about travel is the opportunity to meet exciting new people, and taking part in European Commission funded projects - this allows me to indulge my two great passions:
  1. my overwhelming professional desire to improve the learning capability of those working in organisations (and the organisations themselves)
  2. expanding my knowledge base about Europe and its culture
My latest marathon jaunt has been associated with two projects - VISIBLE focusing on validating informal learning and TI-SAETO which is looking at quality improvements for Education and Training Organisations using the EFQM model of excellence.

VISIBLE has been an overwhelming success, not just for the project but for the partners as well - after all, how often can you say that you want to continue working with the people you are thrust together with in a project? Hopefully there will be a follow up - VISIBLE2 to evaluate our findings and report on applications that help to improve the competency of project managers working in Regional Development Agencies across Europe.

TI-SAETO has started well and will take me to Turkey (twice) and Latvia next year, so more active blogging then.

Józefa
The POL Group

No comments: